For many years, people have gotten a massage because it helped them feel good. At health clubs, men used to sit in a steam room and then get a massage, coming out feeling invigorated. Since that time, massage has undergone scientific study, which demonstrated its many health and psychological benefits. Following are a list of some of those benefits:
1. It is relaxing. It is not healthy to carry around tight muscles. They can manifest as aches and pains and can also distort your height and your face. A massage will loosen your muscles.
2. Massage helps to relieve tight muscles. Athletes and sports enthusiasts find that a massage allows them to heal more quickly after an injury.
3. It helps you manage anxiety and stress. A massage helps reduce your body’s release of the stress hormone cortisol. It can also raise levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin. Low levels of these biochemicals can contribute to depression.
4. It relieves back pain. A researcher found that it is as effective as medication, yoga, exercise and acupuncture.
5. Massage improves sleep. Studies point to its impact on delta waves. Many patients fall asleep while receiving massages.
6. It improves immunity by raising lymphocyte levels.
7. Massages can reduce migraine frequency and intensity. Some people visit Massage Envy for just this reason.
8. A massage can improve your facial appearance. Blood flow and lymphatic drainage increase from rubbing part of the face, helping to refresh your face’s appearance.
9. It can make life more comfortable for those undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy, though it is important to consult your doctor.
10. A 10-minute massage can reduce inflammation. Since many illnesses, including arthritis, atherosclerosis, and multiple sclerosis are inflammatory in nature, a massage at Massage Envy may help to reduce suffering from these illnesses.
The next time you are feeling low on energy, either physically or mentally, get a massage. It is good for you. Visit Massage Envy’s website for more.